Cooking a whole fish is pretty easy. If you told me 5 years ago I would regularly cook whole fish I would think you were crazy. It seems so intimidating to buy and then cook – how to even cook it? Well this next post will give you an easy way to cook a whole fish – with no mess!
When you buy your fish asked to have it cleaned – insides removed and descaled. When you get home score the outside of the fish by cutting shallow cuts into flesh of the fish. Then place lemon slices in the inside cavity.
Rub the outside of the fish with parsley, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil. Then wrap the fish in foil.
You can do these steps hours before you are ready to cook. Keep on the refrigerator. When you are ready to cook preheat your grill. Then place the foil packet on the grill and cook 10 minutes each side.
Remove the fish from the foil and enjoy!
- 1 Trout, 1-2 pounds, cleaned and descaled
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 TB salt
- 1/4 TB pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place fish on aluminum foil large enough to wrap the fish. Score each side of the fish with several shallow cuts. Place lemon slices in the cavity of the fish.
- In a small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients then rub on the exterior of the fish. Wrap the foil tightly around the fish and then refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Preheat grill and then place foil packet on the grill. Cook fish for 10-12 minutes each side. Remove from grill, unwrap and enjoy!
- Fish can be kept wrapped in foil for several hours until you are ready to cook.