Yikes it has been a while since my last post. Let’s not do that again! I guess I haven’t spent that much time cooking and coming up with recipes that seem good enough to share. But I did put together a tasty salad which I think it worthy of sharing, so back to blogging!
I initially got the idea for this salad from Matt and my anniversary dinner at London Chop House in Detroit. This dinner took place a year and a half ago and I’ve been wanting to create a version of it since!
The salad had a citrus vinaigrette and had crab, shrimp and hearts of palm.
Here is my version of it!
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 TB white wine vinegar
- 1 grapefruit, divided
- 1 TB basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 king crab legs
- 1/2 head Bibb lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 3 hearts of palm, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Finishing salt, such as Mortons
- To make the dressing put the shallot, white wine vinegar, zest and juice from half the grapefruit and basil in a blender. Blend until combined and slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil a pot of water large enough to fit the crab legs. Cook crab legs 3-5 minutes, let the cool slightly and remove the meat.
- Toss the Bibb lettuce and radicchio with the dressing. Add the hearts of palm and remaining grapefruit, toss again and divide onto 2 plates.
- Top each salad with half the crab meat and half the avocado. Sprinkle with finishing salt and serve.
- You will have extra dressing which will keep about a week