I love a really good piece of tuna. It tastes so fresh and delicious. And one of the best parts of making tuna is all you need to is sear it, so its cooked in minutes! Makes for a really fast dinner!
For this super fast dinner I lit my grill and while it was warming up I made a salsa by combining avocado oil, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado and cilantro.
I brushed tuna steaks with avocado oil and seasoned them with salt and pepper.
I placed them on the grill for 2 minutes, flipped and cooked 2 minutes more.
I removed from the grill, sliced them and placed each tuna steak on a bed of spinach. I topped with the salsa.
How did it taste? Delicious! So fresh and bright and summery! This recipe makes for a really flavourful fast weeknight meal!
- 3 TB of avocado oil, divided
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 of a small red onion, diced
- 1/2 of an avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 TB cilantro, chopped
- 2 good quality tuna steaks
- salt and pepper
- baby spinach, to serve
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl mix 2 TB of the oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, onion, avocado and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 2 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill, slice and serve each steak on a bed of spinach topped with the salsa and juices from the bowl.
- serves 2