I am not sure how many people noticed but my website was down for about a day. For me, a person who really doesn’t understand computer codes, nor do I really want to, it is super frustrating when something isn’t working. Whenever my site is down I tend to spend way longer than I should trying to get it back up. I was really in need of a simple tasty recipe after all my computer confusions.
The recipe came from:
The recipe tagged was for Black Kale and Cabbage Salad.
This one as I said was super simple! I mixed toasted sesame seeds, ginger, olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and mirin in my food processor.
I then cut the ribs from kale and cut the leaves into ribbons. I thinly sliced cabbage and mixed it with the kale.
I mixed the dressing with the kale and cabbage and then refrigerated for several hours before serving. DONE!
How did it taste: The key for this one is letting the kale sit in the dressing for a few hours to remove some of its bitterness. It worked like a charm. Plus the dressing itself was super flavorful. Like I said this one is a great dish to have already made for a dinner party – all you have to do is pull it out of the fridge. And this is probably the only salad I have brought to work for lunch with the dressing premixed – making it so I didn’t have to bring a small container of dressing to work!
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds*
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 5 TB olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 TB rice vinegar
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 TB mirin (or honey)
- 1 lb kale, ribs removed, leaves ribbon cut
- 1 lb red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Place sesame seeds, ginger, olive oil, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and mirin in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix kale and cabbage. Stir in dressing and continue to stir until kale is fully coated. Refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving.
- serves 6-8 as a side
- *buy pre-toasted sesame seeds or toast your own by placing white sesame seeds in a 350 F oven for 15 minute, tossing half way through.