There are so many recipes out in the world it’s rare that I have a single recipe on repeat. Of all the recipes I’ve made I think this next recipe is one that I have gone back to make the most. It’s my go to dish for a dinner party. It’s delicious, unexpected and best of all super easy to make.
My parents were in town visiting and I had already promised my dad I would make risotto with my multi-cooker, see this post about making risotto in a multi-cooker. I needed a main protein to compliment the risotto so I decided to make Bon Appetit’s recipe for Weeknight Porchetta.
It is super easy to make! I started in the morning by making the marinade. I mixed chopped garlic, rosemary, fennel seeds, salt and olive oil.
Then I rubbed the marinade onto sections of pork tenderloin. I let the pork marinade covered all day in the refrigerator.
When it was close to dinner time I preheated my oven to 425 F. Then I wrapped each portion of pork with a slice of bacon, tucking under the end to secure it. I placed the pork in an oven safe dish and placed pieces of whole garlic bulbs and rosemary sprigs around the pork. Then I drizzled with a bit of olive oil before placing in the oven for 35 minutes.
I removed the pork from the oven and covered with foil for 10 minutes before serving.
How did it taste? Make this dish at any dinner party and it’s sure to impress your guest. And it’s such a low maintenance dish to make you easily entertain while cooking. The pork has such a nice flavor from the marinade, the fennel adds a nice touch.
p.s. you’re welcome.
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 TB rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1 TB fennel seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 TB olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 head of garlic, torn into a few large chunks
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Mix chopped garlic cloves, chopped rosemary, fennel, salt and 1 TB of olive oil. Rub on pork tenderloin pieces and place pork covered in the refrigerator for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove pork from the refrigerator and wrap each piece with 1 slice of bacon, tucking the end of the back in to secure it. Place pork in an oven safe dish and arrange garlic chunks and parsley sprigs around the pork. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- serves 4. Recipe can easily be double/tripled/etc.