Duck and duck fat seem to be the new “hot” thing right now. And when I say hot I mean literally hot, remember this post when I burned myself with scorching hot duck fat?! I wanted to make more use of the duck fat I have so I decided cook potatoes in duck fat.
All in all it was pretty easy to do. I took sliced potatoes and mixed them with melted duck fat, salt and pepper.
Then I placed them on a baking sheet and placed them in the oven, preheated at 450 F, for 30 minutes.
I flipped them once while they cooked. Then I removed them from the oven and tossed them with lemon juice and zest and parsley.
The Verdict: Pretty tasty! And these potatoes make a super easy side dish. The lemon adds another layer to the flavor which really elevates the dish on a whole. These will definitely go into the rotation!
- 1 ½ lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and then each half into thirds lengthwise
- 3 TB Rendered duck fat, warm
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with duck fat, salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes flipping once.
- Remove from oven and place in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, zest and parsley.